Analyst – Market Development and Partnerships (MDP)
Posting date: 24 October 2023
Deadline of application: 6th November 2023
Position Type: Full-time
Company/Division: inSupply Health
Hiring Manager: The CEO and/ her Designee
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
inSupply Health is an East African health advisory firm that designs people-centered, scalable,
sustainable supply chain solutions. We focus on optimizing data visibility and use, workforce
development, and continuous performance improvement. inSupply operates as a social
enterprise, aiming for business sustainability while achieving our social mission. We aim to
transition short-term supply chain fixes into sustainable solutions that transcend specific projects or funding streams. Our work focuses on democratizing access to quality, affordable,
contextualized supply chain learning and innovations so local and regional supply chain actors
can improve the performance and efficiency of their supply chains and health systems towards
better health outcomes.
inSupply Health is headquartered in Nairobi, with an office in Dar es Salaam and is affiliated with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI). Our team of dynamic local consultants works closely with public and private sector clients to design optimized, responsive, and resilient supply chain systems that deliver essential health products such as antimalarial and HIV medications, vaccines, and contraceptives in complex settings. We pioneer innovative approaches by taking proven methodologies from the commercial sector to adapt them for the context, but also cocreate solutions with our clients so they can own, implement and continuously improve their systems independently in the long term.
The inSupply Health team is searching for an Analyst based in Nairobi with travel around the region: Kisumu, Kericho, Kisii, Nakuru, Eldoret, Narok, Meru, Naivasha, and other towns as required. The candidate will play a technical and analytical role in the project activities, implement projects, help to generate new business for the organization and provide management and administrative support as required. He or she will work under the direction and supervision of the inSupply Health Senior Advisor or designee and be mentored by inSupply Health Advisors. Our ideal candidate will be a flexible and adaptive thinker who is self-driven and self-managing, team-oriented with a demonstrated ability to build relationships and partnerships, and who seeks robust, creative solutions to problems. They will demonstrate agility, intellectual curiosity and a passion and desire to learn and build deeper skills in sales and marketing, business development, customer relationship management, supply chain management, an affinity for data and analytics, and places users at the center of designed solutions, drawing on inspiration from human-centered design principles.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working under the direction and guidance of one or more Activity Managers, communicating proactively and effectively, and multi-tasking to execute tasks and deliverables on time and with quality outputs, including:
- Support inSupply Health and JSI team members, key partners, and county stakeholders to develop and implement project work plans.
- Participate in routine technical calls and meetings with the project team for excellent and diligent delivery of project goals and objectives.
- Proactively and regularly communicate and coordinate with project team members on the progress of project activities and provide detailed notes of all key stakeholder meetings.
- Shadow inSupply Advisors and the Senior Advisor under their guidance, to give and attend debriefings and seminars, and participate in working groups, learning how to represent and deliver organizational and project goals and objectives.
- Providing administrative and operational support to the technical teams for workshops, training, and meetings, and in the implementation of supply chain improvement strategies, management approaches, and interventions at all implementation levels, traveling as and when needed.
- Collaborating with pharmacists and pharmaceutical technologists within project pharmacies to raise awareness and create demand for family planning access through pharmacies by sensitization on point of sale conversion, strategic messaging, identifying and addressing training gaps, and providing support through relevant tools and resources
- Product promotion and sales: promotes self-care to pharmacy teams in order to achieve project objectives
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information to pharmacy teams as per the project objectives: use of marketing materials, clarifies doubts and concerns of pharmacy teams about family planning products including self-injectables and implants (or other products as identified), handle objections, and promote the basket of self-care products
- Build relationships with cluster test pharmacy teams to enhance territory knowledge to gain self-injectable knowledge and implant insertion and removal with an endorsement to generate and drive sales
- Support pharmacies to collect, manage and share sales data, training data, and/or other data needed for the project’s implementation research; follows up on FP consumption in test pharmacies and monitor sales performance in the cluster
- Data collection: Working with the IR Lead to collect required project data and maintain up-to-date pharmacy team records
- Market intelligence: Provide feedback to the activity manager on relevant competitor/ basket of products activity, products, or local cluster issues to ensure appropriate action can be taken.
- Achievement of project objectives:
- Cluster management: understanding of the cluster situation leading to targeted planning and implementation of cluster plan to achieve project objectives. Identify and empower advanced FP in Pharmacy key opinion leaders and self-injection/implant champions
- Call rate, cluster coverage, and frequency, advanced FP and self-care basket products pharmacy sales share increase, % growth in pharmacy sales for project products
- Distributor information and support: Coordinates with test distributor reps/ teams to ensure timely pick-up and supplies of orders from cluster pharmacies
- Adverse event monitoring and reporting and timely response to customer queries on FP methods/medical information and other activities relating to projects
- Development of cluster pharmacies work plan: Track the implementation of cluster pharmacies’ work plans and update them as necessary, achievement of objectives outlined in the plan
- Propose/initiate activities in the cluster (invitation & sponsorship to PSK & KPA regional and national conferences that help to promote our self-injection, implant, and self-care products in compliance with ethical standards and ensuring the return on investment
- Cluster information on parallel trade, and public sector products in private pharmacy to be promptly discussed with the activity manager and project team.
- Reporting, data and information collection, and management responsibilities: ensure cluster and relevant project templates/processes are maintained and updated to ensure an accurate record of the territory is available at all times
- Feedback – team members, trainer, manager (giving & receiving). Receiving and acting on feedback from the project team and activity manager
- Taking on project and cluster team responsibility e.g. innovating ideas to problem solve, coordinating with other relevant team members to complete tasks and objectives, documenting minutes and follow-up action points for meetings
- Assistance for new project team members to quickly gain knowledge of processes and cluster dynamics
- Submit accurate, timely cluster reports, expenses submitted on time
- Weekly and monthly cluster itineraries and activities plans and pre-approved before implementation
- Support data collection at the pharmacy level per request from the Implementation Research Lead
- Provide analytical support both internally and externally to projects, new business opportunities, and proposals through:
- Gathering, interrogating, and interpreting relevant data
- Investigating problems, finding root causes, and developing solutions
- Generating reports for internal and external partners
- Exploring and adapting visuals and analytics to support all projects.
- inSupply organizational development
- Participate in new business development opportunities which include marketing and introduction of new products and services as applicable to additional pharmacies in the cluster, marketing of inSupply Consulting Services, developing content for pitches, concept notes, and proposals
- Serve as a representative of inSupply Health, including participation in PSK and KPA regional and national CMEs and conferences and working groups. Give and attend debriefings and CMEs and conferences as a representative; report on key information to other project staff members.
- Participate in learning and embrace growth-focused goal setting, be open-minded, and be willing to do the hard and smart work of real learning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in English and Swahili required
- Bachelor’s degree in biological, health sciences, public health or pharmacy,
- Desirable: 3 – 5 years experience as pharmacy/medical sales representative/private sector pharmacy supply chain experience,
- Experience working in a Social Marketing Organization in communication, sales and marketing, customer service, and Business Development
- Key interest in marketing and communication for healthcare access, public health programs
- Experience with reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health research related activities
- Knowledge of relevant selfcare interventions for health
- Excellent oral & written communication, influencing and selling skills,
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- A course in sales, marketing, business development, entrepreneurship is highly desirable
How to apply:
This is a full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya. Interested candidates should submit their CVs and cover letter. inSupply shall review the CVs on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. inSupply is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
inSupply Health is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority for our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
"*" indicates required fields
Analyst - Market Development and Partnerships (MDP)
"*" indicates required fields