Senior Analyst – Supply Chain
Posting date: 12 Jan 2024
Deadline of application: Rolling, January 22, 2024
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract
Company/Division: inSupply Health
Hiring Manager: The CEO and/or her designee
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
inSupply Health is an East African health advisory firm that designs people-centred, scalable, sustainable supply chain solutions. We focus on optimizing data visibility and use, workforce development, and continuous performance improvement. inSupply operates as a social enterprise, aiming for business sustainability while achieving our social mission. We aim to transition short-term supply chain fixes into sustainable solutions that transcend specific projects or funding streams. Our work focuses on democratizing access to quality, affordable, contextualized supply chain learning and innovations so local and regional supply chain actors can improve the performance and efficiency of their supply chains and health systems towards better health outcomes.
inSupply Health is headquartered in Nairobi, with a branch in Dar es Salaam and is affiliated with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI). Our team of dynamic local consultants works closely with public and private sector clients to design optimized, responsive and resilient supply chain systems that deliver essential health products such as antimalarial and HIV medications, vaccines, and contraceptives in complex settings. We pioneer innovative approaches by taking proven methodologies from the commercial sector to adapt them for the context, but also co-create solutions with our clients so they can own, implement and continuously improve their systems independently in the long term.
The inSupply Health team is recruiting for a Senior Analyst position in the Supply Chain domain. The role will be based in Nairobi with local and regional travel as required. The candidate will play an important role in implementing projects, supporting the organization to generate new business and managing key strategic stakeholders and partners to drive growth and expansion of inSupply Health in the region.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about improving supply chains and health systems, understands market dynamics, is self-driven, creative, flexible, a critical thinker and focused on finding innovative solutions to complex problems. S/he is outcome-oriented, adept at driving business development, has a proven track record in effective management, and is a team player while being able to self-manage and provide mentorship and coaching to team members. The candidate will have experience negotiating and advocating with both private and public sector clients for the uptake of new approaches and strategies and be attuned to private sector trends. S/he should exhibit intrapreneurial qualities, curiosity, flexibility, and agility, and embrace continuous learning and professional growth. The candidate should demonstrate enthusiasm to actively drive and shape inSupply’s growth and reputation.
All staff at inSupply work across subject matter domain areas and projects, therefore the candidate must have demonstrated experience with working across teams and content areas effectively and must be comfortable with the unpredictability that is characteristic of organizations in their startup years. This role in particular will work across the supply chain and market development and partnership (MDP) domains. S/he will work under the direction and supervision of the inSupply Health Senior Advisor or designee and be mentored by inSupply Health Advisors.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
In-country project implementation and coordination:
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Health (MOH), pharmacists and pharmaceutical technologists within inSupply project pharmacies to raise awareness and create demand for family planning (FP) access in community pharmacies through new and existing strategies including sensitization on point of sale conversion, strategic messaging, identifying and addressing training gaps, and providing support through relevant tools and resources
- Lead and serve as a coordinator of the linkage between community pharmacies and MOH facilities for bi-directional referral between pharmacies and facilities, schedule FP practicum sessions in collaboration with county and sub-county pharmacists, RH coordinators and facility in charge.
- Provide, lead and support the training and mentorship of pharmacists and pharm techs in RH and FP service delivery at the pharmacy level, including thought leadership through a driving the total market approach (TMA) strategy, including working with the Detailers team and national and regional professional associations – Kenya Pharmaceutical Association (KPA), Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya (PSK), nurses (RH) professional association.
- Provide analytical support both internally and externally to projects, new business opportunities, and proposals through:
- Gathering, interrogating, and interpreting relevant data
- Investigating problems, finding root causes, and developing solutions
- Generating reports for internal and external partners
- Exploring and adapting visuals and analytics to support all projects
- Serve as a representative of inSupply Health, including participation in relevant professional association meetings both regional and national CMEs, conferences and working groups. Give and attend debriefings on CMEs and conferences as a representative of the project teams and report on key information to other project staff members.
- Work independently to produce quality project deliverables, manage work plans, teams and clients, and serve in a variety of roles as required by new and existing projects. Roles may vary widely and range from strongly technical to coordination and management. Senior Analysts play multiple roles simultaneously depending on inSupply’s project portfolio and needs.
- Play an active role in market and business development, from a market entry, shaping and influencing perspective, aligned with inSupply’s strategy and priorities. Support with constant scanning of the environment, key strategic players and trends, and continuous engagement with potential and existing clients to evolve inSupply’s understanding of ecosystem gaps and pain points towards developing robust, innovative and future-looking approaches, tools and solutions.
- Foster new business development and help grow inSupply’s business by developing and implementing marketing and business development strategies to generate demand for inSupply Health products and service offerings in Kenya, Tanzania and beyond. Identify and segment new and existing customers and expand the portfolio with new product and service offerings and diverse clients, to ensure sustainable revenue growth.
- Build relationships with a variety of partners working in both the private and public sectors.
- Demonstrate consistency and expertise in applying inSupply’s standard tools and approaches, including human-centred design, adaptive learning and continuous improvement and incorporate these approaches into project and domain workstreams in collaboration with other teams.
- Support the execution of objective and key results (OKRs) of the market development and partnership (MDP) and supply chain domains to align with organizational and strategic KPIs. Support the implementation of individual staff PMPs/OKRs, learning and development plans to build skills, and provide mentorship for professional and personal development to junior staff.
- Acknowledging inSupply’s matrix management structure, working with multiple managers to communicate proactively and effectively, and multi-task to meet deadlines and deliverables on time and with quality outputs
- Participate in learning and embrace growth-focused goal setting, demonstrate an open mindset with a willingness to do the hard and smart work of real learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned diligently.
About the role:
inSupply is committed to supporting and fostering internal growth within the organization. As such the Senior Analyst is a stepping-stone to Advisor, Senior Advisor and other leadership roles with support, mentorship and skill development provided for growth towards those roles. inSupply Health is seeking a Kenyan candidate who is interested in growing with the organization, and is open to, and actively seeks regular and specific feedback about all aspects of professional and personal growth. The Senior Analyst will be expected to commit to an implementation model that includes continuous self-assessment and improvement, both professionally and personally, and peer-to-peer learning and support, all using a variety of performance improvement techniques and a competency framework. Given that inSupply Health is a start-up organization, our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, is passionate, energetic, and curious, and is a flexible and adaptive thinker who is self-driven and self-managing, team-oriented and seeks robust, creative solutions to problems.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or diploma in nursing and a Master’s degree in a health-related field
- Supply Chain Management experience, knowledge and skills are an added advantage
- Certification with a nursing or supply chain professional body is highly desirable
- At least 5 experiences as a nurse, medical sales representative, private sector pharmacy or supply chain.
- Experience with reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health or other healthcare programs and research-related activities; public sector experience in family planning service provision is highly desirable
- Experience in the practice of health supply chain management competencies including forecasting and quantification, supply chain assessments, designing or strengthening eLMIS, inventory management systems and storage and distribution solutions is required.
- Experience working in a Social Marketing Organization, healthcare social enterprise, start-up or NGO healthcare programs/project management, communication, sales and marketing, customer service, and/or Business Development is highly desirable
- Experience building relationships and networks across a variety of private and public sector partners in Kenya, including the Ministry of Health, required, and highly desirable in East and Southern Africa generally.
- Key interest in marketing and business development for healthcare access and public health programs
- Experience in Total Market Approach (TMA) program implementation is desirable
- Knowledge of relevant self-care interventions for health and advanced family planning trends
- Excellent oral & written communication, influencing, networking, marketing and selling skills
- Excellent storytelling, presentation, and negotiation skills
- A proven ability to work as a part of a diverse team but be self-managing of own time and results, and to be a proactive and clear communicator.
- Quantitative and analytical skills, including experience with mining, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data
- Ability to travel 40%-50% time, in Kenya, regionally, and internationally.
- Experience in gender programming is desirable
- A course in sales, marketing, relationship management, or business development is desirable
How to apply:
This is a full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya. Interested candidates should submit their CVs and cover letter. inSupply shall review the CVs on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. inSupply is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
inSupply Health is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children are a priority for our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
"*" indicates required fields
Senior Analyst - Supply Chain
"*" indicates required fields