Data Analyst – TZ
Posting date: 18 Jan 2024
Deadline of application: Rolling, January 25, 2024
Position Type: Full -time
Company/Division: inSupply Health
Hiring Manager: Team Lead – TZ
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
inSupply Health is an East African health advisory firm that designs people-centered, scalable, sustainable supply chain solutions. We focus on optimizing data visibility and use, workforce development, and continuous performance improvement. inSupply operates as a social enterprise, aiming for business sustainability while achieving our social mission. We aim to transition short-term supply chain fixes into sustainable solutions that transcend specific projects or funding streams. Our work focuses on democratizing access to quality, affordable, contextualized supply chain learning and innovations so local and regional supply chain actors can improve the performance and efficiency of their supply chains and health systems towards better health outcomes.
inSupply Health is headquartered in Nairobi, with an office in Dar es Salaam, and is affiliated with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI). Our team of dynamic local consultants works closely with public and private sector clients to design optimized, responsive, and resilient supply chain systems that deliver essential health products such as antimalarial and HIV medications, vaccines, and contraceptives in complex settings. We pioneer innovative approaches by taking proven methodologies from the commercial sector and adapting them to the context. We also co-create solutions with our clients so they can own, implement, and continuously improve their systems independently in the long term.
Who we are looking for:
The inSupply Health Limited team is recruiting for a Data Analyst based in Dar es Salaam who is willing to travel within the region. The candidate will play a technical and analytical role in the project’s activities, implement projects, help generate new business for the organization, and provide management and administrative support as required. S/he will work under the direction and supervision of the inSupply Health Limited Tanzania Practice Lead or designee and will be mentored by inSupply Health Limited Advisors. Our ideal candidate will be a flexible and adaptive thinker who is self-driven and self-managing, team-oriented with a
demonstrated ability to build relationships and partnerships, and who seeks robust, creative solutions to problems. S/he has a passion and desire to learn and build deeper skills in supply chain management, MLE, an affinity for data and analytics, and places users at the center of designed solutions (Human Centered Design – HCD).
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take the lead in analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data and visualizing the same to communicate to different audiences. Playing a pivotal role in the intersection between implementation and learning by participating in both sets of activities to facilitate adaptive learning and rapid uptake of evolutionary or revolutionary innovations and activities
- Work under the direction and guidance of one or more Activity Managers, communicating proactively and effectively and coordinating varied tasks to execute duties and deliverables on time and with quality outputs.
- Collaborate with inSupply Health Limited and JSI team members, key partners, and county stakeholders to develop and implement project work plans.
- Provide technical and operational support in the implementation of supply chain improvement strategies, management approaches, and interventions at all implementation levels and for all clients and partners, traveling as and when needed.
- Support in data collection, regular data review, and analysis of project and program monitoring indicators, as well as any other data required for adaptive learning sessions.
- Demonstrate a data and result-curious mindset to continuously develop new or improve existing analytics to enhance data use and management for the inSupply Health Limited team and our clients and partners.
- Provide administrative support to the technical teams for workshops, training, and meetings.
- Participate in routine technical calls and meetings with the team. Proactively and regularly communicate and coordinate with team members on the progress of project activities and provide detailed notes of all key stakeholder meetings. Communicate and disseminate information and reports to relevant stakeholders regularly.
- Commit to a continuous learning model, building breadth and depth in technical skills relevant to inSupply Health business lines and service offerings.
- Apply creative approaches to partner and client engagement and support to help establish a customer/client-oriented reputation and brand, using a combination of travel and non-traditional, innovative communication methods to provide support and guidance.
- Serve as a representative of inSupply Health Limited, including participation in working groups and providing essential linkage with partners on the ground to ensure support and sustainability. Give and attend debriefings and seminars as a project representative, participate in conferences, and report on key information to other project staff members.
- Write, submit, and disseminate abstracts, blogs, or newsletter stories.
- Mentor key counterparts MOH, R/CHMT to strengthen their capacity to use key supply chain information for decision-making.
- Provide support to new business development efforts and proposals through
- Gathering, interpreting, and synthesizing relevant data.
- Investigating problems, finding root causes, and developing solutions
- Generating reports for internal and external partners
- Exploring and adapting visuals and analytics to support all projects
- Support documentation of processes, success stories, experiences, and sharing of lessons learned within the project and ensure their dissemination
- Support Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation (MLE) with a developmental evaluation approach or other participatory MLE approaches to test and develop innovative supply chain solutions
- Demonstrate commitment to the inSupply Health Limited brand and progressively master skills and characteristics.
- Other duties as assigned.
About the role:
inSupply is committed to supporting and fostering internal growth within the organization. As such, the Analyst position is a stepping-stone to Senior Analyst and Advisor roles with support, mentorship, and skill development provided for growth toward those roles. inSupply Health Limited is seeking a Tanzanian candidate interested in growing with the organization and is open to and actively seeks regular and specific feedback about all aspects of professional and personal growth. The Data Analyst will be expected to commit to an implementation model that includes continuous self-assessment and improvement, both professionally and personally, and peer-to-peer learning and support, all using various performance improvement techniques and a competency framework. Given that inSupply Health Limited is a young start-up organization, our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, is passionate, energetic, and curious, and is a flexible and adaptive thinker who is self-driven and self-managing, team-oriented and seeks robust, creative solutions to problems.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, ICT, Public Health, or a health-related field required.
- At least five years of work experience, with a minimum of two years working in health system strengthening
- Quantitative and analytical skills, including experience with mining, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data. Experience in using statistical software such as SPSS, STATA, and R is highly desirable
- Data visualization skills using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, R Shiny and Advanced Excel are highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate varied tasks, work independently, and manage work plan
- Ability to work as part of an internationally diverse team
- Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office package, Google Suite, and other software and technology tools
- Experience in research with knowledge and skills in the development and review of research protocol is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience working with health supply chains and/or monitoring, learning, and evaluation are highly desirable
- Prior experience working with Ministries of Health and/or Regional/District Health Management Teams is highly desirable
- Experience in working with mobile health (mHealth) tools such as ODK, ona, Kobocollect, and Survey CTO is an added advantage
- The ability to work with different projects under different funding mechanisms and diverse teams added advantage
- Ability to travel 60% time within the regions and in Tanzania, with occasional regional travel.
The following skills are highly desirable
- Experience in using GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Map
- Qualitative analysis skills and ability to use qualitative software such as Dedoose, Nvivo, Atlas ti
- Familiarity and skills with using Excel for analysis, statistical software, and/or data visualization software
- Experience in any of the following program areas: community health, family planning, maternal and child health, and immunization.
How to apply:
This is a full-time position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter on or before 25 January 2024. inSupply shall review the CVs on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
inSupply is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
inSupply Health is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children are a priority for our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
inSupply does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted using a company’s email address.
"*" indicates required fields
Data Analyst - TZ
"*" indicates required fields